Thursday, August 4, 2016

Welcome Letter

         August 2016
Dear Friends,

Welcome to first grade!  My name is Mrs. Hebert and I will be your teacher this year.  I am excited for our year ahead together and I hope that you are too!

During the first few weeks of school we will spend time getting to know each other before we dive into an exciting year of learning!  Our first unit will focus on the life cycles as we explore the teeny, tiny, wonderful world of insects all around us!  Some other fun topics we will be learning this year are plants, Endangered Species, families around the world, and the weather.  We will also do a lot of activities and play a lot of fun games to help you learn how to read!  You will also become an author by writing at least two books!  Mathematics will also be an exciting part of our day.  

         I need to remind you and your family of some important upcoming dates:
  •  Friday, August 26th is “Meet and Greet Your Teacher Day.”  Please come to our room (210) from 1:00-2:00!
  • Monday, August 29th is your first day of school!  This is a FULL day for first graders (dismissal at 3:00).
  • Don't forget that we do not have school on Friday, September 2nd and Monday, September 5th in celebration of Labor Day.


I hope you are able to stop by and visit during our “Meet and Greet Your Teacher Day!”  This will be a great chance to take a peek at your classroom and for me to meet you before we start our year together on Monday, August 29th.

Here is a list of supplies for you to gather before the year begins.  I hope you've enjoyed a wonderful summer vacation and I look forward to seeing you soon!

       Sincerely,
       Mrs. Hebert

No comments:

Post a Comment